For example, if I have a dataframe like this:
|sex| state_name| salary| www|
|---|------------------|-------|----|
| M| Ohio,California| 400|3000|
| M| Oakland| 70| 300|
| M|DF,Tbilisi,Calgary| 200|3500|
| M| Belice| 200|3000|
| m| Sofia,Helsinki| 800|7000|
I need to concatenate as a String the comma separated values in the "state_name" column with a delimiter specified by me. Also, I need to put a string at the end and the beginning of the generated string (the opposite of a strip() method or function).
For example, if I want an output like this:
|cool_city |
|--------------------------------|
|[***Ohio<-->California***] |
|[***Oakland***] |
|[***DF<-->Tbilisi<-->Calgary***]|
|[***Belice***] |
|[***Sofia<-->Helsinki***] |
The solution that I've already coded with Spark 3.1.1 is this:
df.select(concat(lit("[***"),
array_join(split(col("state_name"),","),"<-->"),lit("***]")).as("cool_city")).show()
The problem is that the computer where this will be running is using Spark 2.1.1 and the array_join() method isn't supported in this version (it's a pretty big project and upgrading the Spark version isn't over the table). Im pretty new using scala/spark and I don't know if there's another function that could help me emulating the array_join() use or if someone knows where to find the way to code a UDF with the same usefulness.
I would greatly appreciate your help!