How to turn off syntax auto correct in Spyder IDE?

Viewed 359

I'm new to Python as well as using the Spyder IDE. When I was writing example codes and learning about for loops, I had noticed that I had forgotten to put the colon after for loop and Spyder corrected it for me automatically when I pressed enter to go to the next line. I want to turn off this behavior. However, I do not want to turn off auto-predict. I want to turn it off since I want to learn the syntax properly and not be ignorant of the correct way of writing code.

1 Answers

(Spyder maintainer here) To turn off the automatic insertion of colons after for loops, please go to the menu

Tools > Preferences > Editor > Source code

and deactivate the option called

Automatic insertion of colons after 'for', 'if', 'def', etc.

Note: There you can also disable other options that provide Python auto-correction features, as you can see below

Spyder auto-correction preferences

Related