I've gone through enough articles and typeorm official documentation on setting up connection pooling with typeorm and postgressql but couldn't find a solution.
All the articles, I've seen so far explains about adding the max/Poolsize attribute in orm configuration or connection pooling but this is not setting up a pool of idle connections in the database.
When I verify pg_stat_activity table after the application bootstraps, I could not see any idle connections in the DB but when a request is sent to the application I could see an active connection to the DB
The max/poolSize attribute defined under the extras in the orm configuration merely acts as the max number of connections that can be opened from the application to the db concurrently.
What I'm expecting is that during the bootstrap, the application opens a predefined number of connections with the database and keep it in idle state. When a request comes into the application one of the idle connection is picked up and the request is served.
Can anyone provide your insights on how to have this configuration defined with typeorm and postgresql?