Python => AutoML: XGBoost is not available; skipping it

Viewed 1352

I am getting this warning when running h2o AutoML. I have version 3.32.1.2 installed, and running it on python 3.8.

AutoML progress: |
11:30:52.773: AutoML: XGBoost is not available; skipping it.

CODE:

import h2o
h2o.init()

h2o_df = h2o.H2OFrame(df)

train, test = h2o_df.split_frame(ratios=[.75])

# Identify predictors and response
x = train.columns
y = "TERM_DEPOSIT"
x.remove(y)

from h2o.automl import H2OAutoML

aml = H2OAutoML(max_runtime_secs=600,
                #exclude_algos=['DeepLearning'],
                seed=1,
                #stopping_metric='logloss',
                #sort_metric='logloss',
                balance_classes=False,
                project_name='Completed'
)
%time aml.train(x=x, y=y, training_frame=train)
2 Answers

XGBoost is not supported on Windows, see the limitations in the H2O documentation.

If you are not using Windows and you didn't find another reason in the documentation mentioned above, you can try to reinstall h2o, e.g.,

pip install --force-reinstall https://h2o-release.s3.amazonaws.com/h2o/rel-zipf/2/Python/h2o-3.32.1.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl

I think I found the answer to this warning. I am running a windows machine.

https://twitter.com/ledell/status/1148512129659625472?lang=en

If you're on Windows, XGBoost is not supported so the parts of the tutorial that use XGBoost can be replaced by h2o.gbm(). The AutoML process will also exclude XGBoost models.

Related