May I know how to execute HDFS copy commands on DataProc cluster using airflow. After the cluster is created using airflow, I have to copy few jar files from Google storage to the HDFS master node folder.
May I know how to execute HDFS copy commands on DataProc cluster using airflow. After the cluster is created using airflow, I have to copy few jar files from Google storage to the HDFS master node folder.
You can execute hdfs commands on dataproc cluster using something like this
gcloud dataproc jobs submit hdfs 'ls /hdfs/path/' --cluster=my-cluster --
region=europe-west1
The easiest way is [1] via
gcloud dataproc jobs submit pig --execute 'fs -ls /'
or otherwise [2] as a catch-all for other shell commands.
You can copy a single file from Google Cloud Storage (GCS) to HDFS using the hdfs copy command. Note that you need to run this from a node within the cluster:
hdfs dfs -cp gs://<bucket>/<object> <hdfs path>
This works because
hdfs://<master node>
is the default filesystem. You can explicitly specify the scheme and NameNode if desired:
hdfs dfs -cp gs://<bucket>/<object> hdfs://<master node>/<hdfs path>
When you use hdfs dfs, data is piped through your local machine. If you have a large dataset to copy, you will likely want to do this in parallel on the cluster using DistCp:
hadoop distcp gs://<bucket>/<directory> <HDFS target directory>
Consider [3] for details.
[1] https://pig.apache.org/docs/latest/cmds.html#fs
[2] https://pig.apache.org/docs/latest/cmds.html#sh
[3] https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-distcp/DistCp.html
I am not sure about your use case to do this via airflow because if its onetime setup then i think we can run commands directly on dataproc cluster. But found some links which might be of some help. As i understand we can use BashOperator and can run commands.