I read the following kubernetes docs which resulted in the following yaml's to run postgresql & pgadmin in a cluster:
--- pgadmin-deployment.yaml
apiVersion: apps/v1
kind: Deployment
metadata:
name: pgadmin-deployment
spec:
replicas: 1
selector:
matchLabels:
app: pgadmin-pod
template:
metadata:
labels:
app: pgadmin-pod
spec:
containers:
- name: pgadmin-container
image: dpage/pgadmin4
imagePullPolicy: "IfNotPresent"
ports:
- containerPort: 80
env:
- name: PGADMIN_DEFAULT_EMAIL
value: email@example.com
- name: PGADMIN_DEFAULT_PASSWORD
value: password
--- pgadmin-service.yaml
apiVersion: v1
kind: Service
metadata:
name: pgadmin-service
spec:
type: NodePort
ports:
- port: 30000
targetPort: 80
selector:
app: pgadmin-pod
--- postgres-deployment.yaml
apiVersion: apps/v1
kind: Deployment
metadata:
name: postgres-deployment
spec:
replicas: 1
selector:
matchLabels:
app: postgres-pod
template:
metadata:
labels:
app: postgres-pod
spec:
containers:
- name: postgres-container
image: postgres:9.6-alpine
imagePullPolicy: "IfNotPresent"
ports:
- containerPort: 5432
env:
- name: POSTGRES_DB
value: database
- name: POSTGRES_PASSWORD
value: password
- name: POSTGRES_USER
value: username
volumeMounts:
- mountPath: /var/lib/postgresql/data
name: postgrepvc
volumes:
- name: postgrepvc
persistentVolumeClaim:
claimName: postgres-pv-claim
--- postgres-service.yaml
apiVersion: v1
kind: Service
metadata:
name: postgres-service
spec:
type: NodePort
ports:
- port: 30001
targetPort: 5432
selector:
app: postgres-pod
--- postgres-storage.yaml
postgres-storage.yaml
kind: PersistentVolume
apiVersion: v1
metadata:
name: postgres-pv-volume
labels:
type: local
app: postgres
spec:
storageClassName: manual
capacity:
storage: 5Gi
accessModes:
- ReadWriteMany
hostPath:
path: "/mnt/data"
---
kind: PersistentVolumeClaim
apiVersion: v1
metadata:
name: postgres-pv-claim
labels:
app: postgres
spec:
storageClassName: manual
accessModes:
- ReadWriteMany
resources:
requests:
storage: 5Gi
I then run the following command kubectl create -f ./ which results in the following:
kubernetes pods / svc's
Then I try to access pgAdmin on 10.43.225.170:30000 from outside of the cluster, but I get "10.43.225.170 took too long to respond." no matter what I try.
So how do I expose pgAdmin & postgress to the outside world, and is there a way to give them static ip's so I don't have to update ip's in connection strings each time I re-deploy on kubernetes, or do I have to use statefulset for this?

