I'm trying to do an image search engine with Tkinter. Basically a "Pokedex" that searches for images inside a specific folder on my computer associated with a specific name.Example of the image output
import tkinter as tk
from io import BytesIO
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import os
import glob
import natsort
from PIL import Image
from PIL import ImageTk
window = tk.Tk()
window.geometry("600x500")
window.title("CoreaninhaDex")
window.config(padx=10, pady=10)
title_label = tk.Label(window, text = 'CoreaninhaDex')
title_label.config(font=('Arial', 32))
title_label.pack(padx=10, pady=10)
target_image = tk.Label(window)
target_image.pack(padx=10, pady=10)
target_information = tk.Label(window)
target_information.config(font=("Arial", 20))
target_information.pack(padx=10, pady=10)
photos_names_list = ["target1","target2","target3","target4","target5"]
#FUNCTION
def showimage():
dir1 = r"C:\Users\path"
path1 = os.path.join(dir1, '*g')
files = glob.glob(path1)
files1 = natsort.natsorted(files, reverse=False)
for x in files1:
img = plt.imread(x)
image = Image.open(img)
imag = ImageTk.PhotoImage(image)
target_image.config(image=imag)
target_image.image = imag
label_id_name = tk.Label(window, text="ID or Name")
label_id_name.config(font=("Arial", 20))
label_id_name.pack(padx=10, pady=10)
text_id_name = tk.Text(window, height = 1)
text_id_name.config(font=("Arial", 20))
text_id_name.pack(padx=10, pady=10)
btn_load = tk.Button(window, text="Load target", command = showimage)
btn_load.config(font=("Arial", 20))
btn_load.pack(padx=10, pady=10)
window.mainloop()
The output generates a display. But I can't associate the image with any name or even upload the images.
I would like help to write a showimage () function that would do this.