I'm using Spring JDBC and I've got this test method to connect to PostgreSQL DB (It's a example code, this isn't the original code):
public void toConnect() {
final String sql = "SELECT 1";
template.execute(sql);
}
If I catch the DataAccessException, and I call method getCause() the program trigger the PLSQException anyway (though finally printing the message that I set in the catch).
public void toConnect() throws CGConnException {
final String sql = "SELECT 1";
try {
template.execute(sql);
} catch (DataAccessException e) {
throw new CGConnException("CG : Error DataBase connection. - ", e.getCause());
}
}
The problem is than I can't handle the exception and I want than only print the Message of the catch, without the exception details.
If it's run with an error on config parameters or the PostgreSQL database is down, a PSQLException is generated and that is great but I need to control this exception. However JdbcTemplate.execute(sql) method throws a DataAccessException, therefore, doesn't possibly catch the PSQLException on try/catch block (or I don't know how to do). So, when run the program always appears the stack trace in the console:
2021-05-02 03:10:14.052 ERROR 73837 --- [ main] .PostgresClientTestConnectionApplication : Error : CG : Error DataBase connection.
In this case, I need to print only a log as "Connection Error" or something similar as the example above.
Thank you in advance.