Cloud Firestore build error with preact-cli

Viewed 128

I'm trying to use Firebase's Cloud Firestore from a preact-cli generated project but have been caught at the first hurdle. I chose Firebase's v9 SDK, that's in beta, to get ahead of the curve (but maybe that was a mistake). When building, there's an error from a Firebase SDK file but I'm not sure if it's caused by the SDK itself, babel, webpack, preact-cli or a combination. I also don't know how to go about diagnosing it, since I'm new to these tools.

Steps below, any ideas what the cause of this error might be?

npx preact-cli create typescript webapp
npm install --save firebase@9.0.0-beta.1

Then in src/components/app.tsx, make use of the Firestore SDK by adding

import { getFirestore } from "firebase/firestore";
getFirestore();

But the build fails.

$ npm run build

> webapp@0.0.0 build
> preact build

 Build  [==                  ] 12% (1.3s) building(13200:6) switch-case fall-through not supported - added break. See https://github.com/MatAtBread/nodent#differences-from-the-es7-specification
[BABEL] Note: The code generator has deoptimised the styling of ../node_modules/@firebase/firestore/dist/exp/index.browser.esm2017.js as it exceeds the max of 500KB.
āœ– ERROR ../node_modules/@firebase/firestore/dist/exp/index.browser.esm2017.js 5055:431
Module parse failed: Unsyntactic break (5055:431)
File was processed with these loaders:
 * ../node_modules/babel-loader/lib/index.js
You may need an additional loader to handle the result of these loaders.
(Source code omitted for this binary file)
 @ ../node_modules/firebase/firestore/dist/index.esm.js 1:0-36 1:0-36
 @ ./components/app.tsx
 @ ./index.ts
0 Answers
Related