I am using Woocommerce with WOOF plugin (woocommerce filter). In particular, this plugin can display a filter that will only search in a specific product category using for example [woof taxonomies=product_cat:23] shortcode and display the results using the [woof_products taxonomies=product_cat:23] shortcode, where 23 is the category id of goods.
However, it is not always possible to specify a category in the shortcode itself, and I would like to implement functionality that allows you to use a shortcode like [woof taxonomies=product_cat:auto], which will automatically determine the current category using a specific function, for example, this (the function is tested and works):
function show_product_category_id() {
$cat = get_queried_object();
$catID = $cat->term_id;
if (empty($catID)) {
//
if (strpos($_GET['really_curr_tax'], 'product_cat')) {
$catID=str_replace('-product_cat', '', $_GET['really_curr_tax']);
}
else {}
}
else {}
echo $catID;
}
I can, of course, create a shortcode for this function, and add it to the theme's functions.php:
add_shortcode( 'show_product_category_id', 'show_product_category_id' );
and it will work. But I can't use a construction like:
[woof taxonomies=product_cat:[show_product_category_id]]
since nested shortcodes in Wordpress won't work. Therefore, apparently, I need to add to woocommerce the ability to specify not only product_cat:35, but also product_cat:auto.
How can i realize it? Or, is there also a way to use nested shortcodes in wordpress?