Is there a way to make Database Unique Values into Individual Variables?

Viewed 31

I just want to know how I can create a variable from Unique values in a Database, for example: If I had a database with Chemical Name as a Column how could I alter the code so that the unique values in Chemical Name could be called individually. Lets say Ethylbenzene is a chemical in the database, every time I use the GUI I can select Ethylbenzene from the drop down box and analyze the data relevant to just Ethylbenzene.

So far my code is this: Code for GUI=


class Dialog(QDialog):
    """Dialog."""
    def __init__(self, parent=None):
        """Initializer."""
        super().__init__(parent)
        self.setWindowTitle('QDialog')
        self.draw_self()

    def draw_self(self):
        dlgLayout = QVBoxLayout()
        formLayout = QFormLayout()
        chem_name = QLineEdit()
        tissue = QLineEdit()
        study_meth = QLineEdit()
        sex = QLineEdit()
        formLayout.addRow('Chemical Name:', chem_name)
        formLayout.addRow('Tissue Under Study:', tissue)
        formLayout.addRow('Study Methodology:', study_meth)
        formLayout.addRow('Sex:', sex)
        dlgLayout.addLayout(formLayout)
        btns = QDialogButtonBox()
        btns.setStandardButtons(
            QDialogButtonBox.Cancel | QDialogButtonBox.Ok)
        dlgLayout.addWidget(btns)
        self.setLayout(dlgLayout)

if __name__ == '__main__':
    app = QApplication(sys.argv)
    dlg = Dialog()
    dlg.show()
    sys.exit(app.exec_())

Code for Reading file:

import pandas as pd
nba = pd.read_csv("Micronucleus.csv")
type(nba)

nba["Chemical Name"].value_counts()
nba['Chemical Name'].unique().tolist()
0 Answers
Related