Percent Calculation in Quicksight

Viewed 3133

I want to calculate percent based on count of events. Basically, I want to calculate successful login attempts on a website. Something like below count(successful_attempts)/count(total_attempts)

successful_attempts and total_attempts are recorded as events in login_attempts column.

How would I achieve this?

1 Answers

There are mainly 2 approaches to your problem.

Compute the percentage yourself:

You can add a calculated field to your analysis or your dataset and use the a similar formula to the one you mentioned. You might need to use sum rather than count depending on the type of your login_attemps column. You'll then be able to see that value using a simple KPI chart

Use charts to make the computation:

You could use a gauge chart. Using the sum of successful attempts as value and sum of attempts as target. The chart will compute the percentages itself. Donut charts and Pie charts will work in a similar fashion.

Finally, horizontal or vertical stacked 100% bar charts might be another alternative.

Related