We are building an application based on Vimeo, where we would have one main account to hold all the uploaded content, and some members that are marked as contributors should be able to upload to this account via the vimeo api. What I am trying to achieve is that each contributing user would go through oauth authentication and use their access token to upload. This way we could see who uploaded which video.
I have been struggling to achieve this for days now. I have the upload access from Vimeo for my app, but when i would like to get an access token using the authorization code grant with the upload scope to my user I get the following error:
This app cannot generate a token with the upload scope for the requested account. This app can only upload to the app owner's account.
Which is weird considering that is precisely what I am trying to do. If I do not give the upload scope, my upload gets rejected with 403 Forbidden stating the user does not have the upload scope.
What am I doing wrong, or what would be the correct way to achieve this?
Thanks guys