Trigger Github Action after CircleCI workflow or job

Viewed 934

I would like to set up github actions in order to perform security scans on docker images. However, the build and push of the image I would like to scan is made by CircleCI. Hence I need to make sure that the images have been properly built and pushed on my repo before performing the security scan.

I know there exists an action to trigger a CircleCI job, but is there any way to trigger the execution of my Github action from Circle CI?

Thank you for the answers or any workaround you could provide :)

1 Answers

You could use a repository dispatch event from you CircleCI pipeline to start a repository workflow (through CURL or through a script).

In that case, your Github repository workflow file will need a repository_dispatch event to trigger it, to perform your security scan job.

Dispatch Request Example

curl \
 -X POST \
 -H "Accept: application/vnd.github.v3+json" \
 https://api.github.com/repos/<USERNAME>/<REPOSITORY-NAME>/dispatches \
 -d '{"event_type":"event_type"}'

Workflow Trigger Example

on: [repository_dispatch]

jobs:
  scan:
   runs-on: ubuntu-latest
   steps:
     - name: security scan
       run:|
        ...
Related