I used an online tutorial (replit.com) to build a small flask project.
https://github.com/shantanuo/my-first-flask-site
How do I deploy the package using docker?
I used an online tutorial (replit.com) to build a small flask project.
https://github.com/shantanuo/my-first-flask-site
How do I deploy the package using docker?
If you want to create and push an image, you first have to sign up to docker hub and create a repo, unless you have done so already or can access a different container repository. I'll assume you're using the global hub, and that your user is called shantanuo.
Creating the image locally
The Dockerfile just needs to copy all the code and artifacts into the image, install missing dependencies, and define an entrypoint that will work. I'll use a slim python3.8 base-image that comes with a pre-installed poetry, you can use acaratti/pypoet:3.8-arm as base image if you want to support ARM chipsets as well.
FROM acaratti/pypoet:3.8
COPY static static
COPY templates templates
COPY main.py poetry.lock pyproject.toml ./
RUN poetry install
# if "python main.py" is how you want to run your server
ENTRYPOINT [ "poetry", "run", "python", "main.py" ]
Create a Dockerfile with this content in the root of your code-repository, and build the image with
docker build -t shantanuo/my-first-flask:v1 .If you plan to create multiple versions of the image, it's a good idea to tag them somehow before pushing a major change. I just used a generic v1 to start off here.
Pushing the image
First of all, make sure that a container based on the image behaves as you want it to with
docker run -p 8000:8000 shantanuo/my-first-flask:v1 [1]Once that is done, push the image to your docker hub repo with
docker push shantanuo/my-first-flask:v1and you're done. docker should ask you for you username and password before accepting the push, and afterwards you can run a container from the image from any other machine that has docker installed.
[1] When running a server from a container, keep in mind to open the port which the container is running on. Also, never bind to localhost.
I use something like this in my dockerfile
FROM python:3.7-slim AS base
RUN pip install poetry==1.1.4
COPY *.toml *.lock /
RUN poetry config virtualenvs.create false \
&& poetry install \
&& poetry config virtualenvs.create true