postgres password error : Please enter the password for the user 'postgres' to connect the server - "PostgreSQL 13"

Viewed 1975

I having issue connection to postgres, I am installing at windows 10 via the EDB installer (version 13.2) . I follow all the steps it install fine however when I try to enter the default database using pgadmin it I always get stuck at this error :

Please enter the password for the user 'postgres' to connect the server - "PostgreSQL 13"

during instalation postgres ask me to specify my master Password. then when instalation finish and I open my pgadmin it again ask me to enter the master password so I did and I was able to successfully login but when I try to open the default database that when it ask me to enter password for posgres user , I try to use the my master password but it did not work

I installed and uninstall it many time with no success. I also tried this solution so I did change the Method in pg_hba.config from scram-sha-256 to trust however when I executed this command psql -U postgres it again asked me for the password

any help please

2 Answers

You made the same mistake I did: you installed pgAdmin4 without installing postGreSQL server itself. The server installation does indeed set the Master password and the postgres user password at the same time, as the commenters were trying to point out. JUST installing pgAdmin sets a master password for the Admin environment. I don't really understand how there's not a more useful error for trying to connect to a server instance that doesn't actually exist, but here we are.

try it. it resolves for me step 1 step1

step2 enter image description here

Related