I am drawing a chess move log onto a rect object - however after a certain point the text goes off of the bottom and gets cut off. I was wondering if its possible to make the rect surface scroll able so I can see the whole move log.
Here is the code for drawing the move log :
This is what I mean
As you can see after the 21st move - the log goes off the bottom of the move log area
def drawMoveLog(screen, gs, font): #draws move log
moveLogArea = p.Rect(BOARD_WIDTH, 0, MOVE_LOG_PANEL_WIDTH, MOVE_LOG_PANEL_HEIGHT)
p.draw.rect(screen , p.Color("gray"), moveLogArea)
moveLog = gs.moveLog
moveText = []
for i in range(0, len(moveLog), 2): #go through move log 2 at a time
moveString = "|| " + str(i//2 + 1) + ". " + str(moveLog[i]) + " "# to keep move 2 and 2 the same
if i + 1 < len(moveLog): # before i continue want to make sure black moved
moveString += str(moveLog[i + 1]) + " "
moveText.append(moveString)
movesPerRow = 1
padding = 5
lineSpacing = 4
textY = padding
#make 3 moves go in 1 line
for i in range(0, len(moveText), movesPerRow):
text = ""
for j in range (movesPerRow):
if i + j < len(moveText):
text += moveText[i+j]
textObject = font.render(text, True, p.Color('Black'))
textLocation = moveLogArea.move(padding, textY)
screen.blit(textObject, textLocation)
textY += textObject.get_height() + lineSpacing

