Dealing with git problem in Alexa Skill in Visual Studio Code

Viewed 519

I’m writing an Alexa-hosted Skill (Node.js) using git-enabled Visual Studio Code on a Mac. But I’ve hardly started before I find the code editor in the Amazon Developer Console is locked with the message “The master branch of your skill is ahead of the dev version. To re-enable the code editor, you need to use the ASK CLI to merge the remote master branch to dev and push.”

I’m at a loss what to do. VSC says it no longer depends on ASK CLI and I don’t have it installed. A search of the web has not helped. I feel sure that an experienced developer could deal with this in two minutes. Any advice appreciated.

I’m a newcomer to all three of VSC and Git and Alexa Skills (particularly to git), so excuse me if this is a trivial question.

1 Answers

No need to make any changes. This is an intermediate state of the code for Alexa where you my have just pushed your current master branch. Wait a while and refresh the page. It should be in deploying state after a few minutes.

Related