I recently inherited managing a firebase project and I am trying to recreate the project so I have a production and development version to use and while I was deploying my functions I got the following message:
Unable to set publicly accessible IAM policy on the following functions:
{insert long list of functions here that have the following format}
projects/{project name}/locations/us-central1/functions/{function name}
Unauthenticated users will not be able access this function.
Some common causes of this:
- You may not have the roles/functions.admin IAM role. Note that roles/functions.developer does not allow you to change IAM policies.
- An organization policy that restricts Network Access on your project.
Is this an error message or is it just stating that users of the app need to be logged in to use these functions?
Note: All these functions were created successfully and there were no error messages in the firebase console. And yes, I am an owner/admin user to the firebase project.


