I always find the built-in suggestions in vscode helpful to write code but for example, when I'm using react and I'm assigning some value to a variable, there are no suggestions from built-in methods or functions.

There, it should display that I could use toLocaleString() for example, but it does not, the only suggestions are "abc" which is like having nothing, props.date is in fact a date object so it should suggest me that, if I add it manually it works just fine but since I don't have plenty of experience programming, at times those suggestions help me a lot to know what I can do, even find some things I didn't know before.
getFullYear() should be another suggestion but is nowhere to be seen either.
Is there a way to have my vscode give me suggestions of things I could use in those situations?
When I work with vanilla JS I think there is no issue but since I've been working with react lately I'm not entirely sure so give me a suggestion for vanilla js too if you can.