R package: NAMESPACE file is "not readable"

Viewed 232

I have made some updates to my R package (named xrfr), and when I tried to run devtools::check() it told me that the NAMESPACE file is not readable. I have updated R and all my installed packages, and I have deleted the old NAMESPACE file to create a new one with devtools::document(), but I still get this error. I did move the package from my computer to my workplace's server, but that has not been a problem otherwise, so I do not believe that is the reason.

Here is the error:

> devtools::document()
i Updating xrfr documentation
i Loading xrfr
Writing NAMESPACE
Error: The specified file is not readable: myfolders\xrfr\NAMESPACE

Does anyone have an idea why? Thanks

1 Answers

I also want to confirm the same problem in my environment. When I kept my development folder in a network drive, I had the same error for the NAMESPACE not being readable as agryt had. And then when I moved the entire folder to a local drive, the problem disappeared. I also had write permission on the network drive, but there is probably another reason related to the network drive use.

I am using devtools version 2.4.3.

Related