I'm facing an issue with getting the right 'pip' in my pyenv environment. I've tried reinstalling pyenv, but the issue persists. I'm on a MacBook Air, with the M1 chip. I'm essentially trying to keep pip and site-packages separate for my Python 3.9.4 install, but somehow it keeps referencing the 'pip' that is system-wide.
Current versions:
<me>:~:$ pyenv versions
* system (set by /Users/<me>/.pyenv/version)
3.9.4
At my $HOME prompt:
<me>:~:$ python -V
Python 2.7.16
<me>:~:$ which pip
/opt/homebrew/bin/pip
<me>:~:$ pip -V
pip 21.1 from /opt/homebrew/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip (python 3.9)
Within <project 1>, I have a .python_version file which is for 3.9.4
<me>:~:$ cd ~//<project 1>/
<me>:~//<project 1>:$ python -V
Python 3.9.4
<me>:~//<project 1>:$ pyenv versions
system
* 3.9.4 (set by /Users/<me>/<project 1>/.python-version)
However, when I do a "which pip" or a "pip -V" it shows the system pip binary:
<me>:~/<project 1>:$ which pip
/opt/homebrew/bin/pip
<me>:~//<project 1>:$ pip -V
pip 21.1 from /opt/homebrew/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip (python 3.9)
Any thoughts on how to get this working with the 'pip' under the pyenv version?