I have a Radar chart with labels, I want to have a click event on the Label of the Radar chart but the element always returns null. I have looked at other Stack over flow questions notedly 1 and this 2. one talks about doing it in vanilla JS approach and other one just is not working for me , Can some one point me to what am i doing wrong ?
End goal -> I want to get the label which is clicked and add a strike through toggle to that label so that i can toggle the data point on and off in the radar chart.
My Implementation
class Chart extends Component {
constructor(props) {
super(props);
this.state = {
chartData: props.chartData
};
}
render() {
return (
<div className="chart">
<Radar
data={this.state.chartData}
options={{
title: {
display: true,
text: "Testing",
fontSize: 25
},
legend: {
display: true,
position: "right"
},
onClick: function(evt, element) {
// onClickNot working element null
console.log(evt, element);
if (element.length > 0) {
console.log(element, element[0]._datasetInde);
// you can also get dataset of your selected element
console.log(data.datasets[element[0]._datasetIndex]);
}
}
}}
/>
</div>
);
}
}