Which app pool & authentication to select on IIS when using itfoxtec-identity-saml2 library

Viewed 122

I am getting error when using below line from itfoxtec-identity-saml2 library. When i am on localhost and usin iisexpress, it works with proxy server id,password & port i.e. 127.0.0.0 / port. But when i load the application on companies IIS server [no internet], i get below error return ReadIdPSsoDescriptor(webClient.DownloadString(idPMetadataUrl));

webClient.DownloadString(idPMetadataUrl) is giving below error.

Access Denied (authentication_failed) Your credentials could not be authenticated: "Credentials are missing.". You will not be permitted access until your credentials can be verified.

  1. Why I need internet on the IIS server? & what proxy settings I should provide in prod release which will go on IIS where there is no internet connection.
  2. When loading the application on the IIS server what application pool I should set to the application [.net core 3.1 web-based application which will be hosted on AWS ec2 windows system] & under IIS authorization which mechanism I should select [windows/anonymous ?]. I am currently using SAML so selected anonymously.

Please guide, thanks in advance !!

1 Answers

You have configured to download the IdP metadata online, therefor your server need access to the place where the IdP metadata is hosted. Alternatively, you can download the metadata manually and place it as a file on the server.

Related