How to do bidirectional data sync b/w Azure postgresql & onPrem oracle DB

Viewed 437

I have an Oracle DB with data in onPrem and Azure Postgresql DB in cloud. I really need data changes in Oracle to be reflected as near to real-time as possible in Azure Postgresql DB. I need data changes in Azure Postgresql DB to be reflected as near to real-time as possible in OnPrem Oracle.

See the below diagram for more info. Architecture Diagram

I am new to Azure-Postgresql. I would appreciate any suggestions / insights.

1 Answers

Just for now, there isn't a directly way to sync the data between on-premise Oracle database and Azure PostgreSQL database. You need use other ETL ways.

Per my experience, you can think about use Data Factory.It's used to transfer the data to achieve the data sync. You could follow this way:

  1. Create a pipeline to copy the data from on-premise Oracle to Azure PostgreSQL.
  2. Create a schedule trigger to run the pipeline, we can set the execution every 5 mins.

For on-premise dataset, you also need self-hosted integration runtime.

Ref the tutorials:

  1. Copy data from and to Oracle by using Azure Data Factory
  2. Copy and transform data in Azure Database for PostgreSQL by using Azure Data Factory

You need to think about the cost and if it's acceptable to you.

Related