Why is PHP option not showing in Languages and Frameworks in PhpStorm?

Viewed 3808

I'm stupid. Let's just get that out of the way for the portion of people out there who will inevitably call me that. I'm the stupidest person to walk the face of the planet, and realistically I should go back to the zoo where I belong. However, in the meantime I'm having a problem.

This all comes out of me trying to edit my WordPress code manually and downloading it to use a debugger to see where the code is going so I can customize my profile tabs buttons, but the PHP option is not there.

Any one know why this is?

I downloaded and installed PhpStorm normally from their website, used the free trial, and didn't do anything else that should have messed it up? I did install PHP on my computer afterwards, but it was my impression that PHP came with PhpStorm somehow? I also installed XAMPP, don't know if that relates.

Anyways any help would be much appreciated. And I don't know what php.ini does, or config or whatever, I barely know what htdocs are or all of these fancy files. I can't seem to find explanations of them online anywhere that makes sense, but again I'm stupid so that's to be expected.

1 Answers

Just to amplify LazyOne's comment:

At least in my case it was missing because since version 2021.1 of PHPStorm PHP is not located under the "Languages and Frameworks" anymore. Instead it sits at the very top of the settings:

PHP Language Settings

Related