if I use the setStyleSheet method in order to change the style for a specific widget, the other ones placed inside it, changes their style, but I don't want it! I can bring you two example:
when I change the border/background color for a frame (see the widgets placed inside it):
import PyQt5.QtGui as qtg
import PyQt5.QtCore as qtc
import PyQt5.QtWidgets as qtw
import sys
class MainWindow(qtw.QWidget):
def __init__(self, parent=None):
super().__init__(parent)
self.resize(520,300)
self.setWindowTitle("Treeview Example")
self.layout = qtw.QVBoxLayout()
self.frame1=qtw.QFrame()
self.frame1layout=qtw.QVBoxLayout()
self.frame1layout.setContentsMargins(5, 5, 5, 5)
self.frame1.setLayout(self.frame1layout)
self.frame1.setStyleSheet("border: 1px solid; border-color:red; background-color:white") # I change the style for the main frame
self.layout.addWidget(self.frame1)
self.frame2=qtw.QFrame()
self.frame2layout=qtw.QVBoxLayout()
self.frame2layout.setContentsMargins(10, 10, 10, 10)
self.frame2.setLayout(self.frame2layout)
self.frame1layout.addWidget(self.frame2)
self.ProgressBar=qtw.QProgressBar()
self.frame2layout.addWidget(self.ProgressBar)
self.setLayout(self.layout)
if __name__ == '__main__':
app = qtw.QApplication(sys.argv)
w = MainWindow()
w.show()
sys.exit(app.exec_())
or when I change the border color for a treeview widget (the scrolled treeview widget is became white):
import PyQt5.QtGui as qtg
import PyQt5.QtCore as qtc
import PyQt5.QtWidgets as qtw
import sys
class MainWindow(qtw.QWidget):
def __init__(self, parent=None):
super().__init__(parent)
self.resize(520,300)
self.setWindowTitle("Treeview Example")
self.layout = qtw.QVBoxLayout()
self.treeview = qtw.QTreeView(self)
self.treeview.setStyleSheet("border: 1px solid; border-color:red") # it destroy the style of the objects inside the treeview widget!
model = qtg.QStandardItemModel()
rootNode = model.invisibleRootItem()
section1 = qtg.QStandardItem("A")
section1.appendRow([qtg.QStandardItem("A1")])
childnode = qtg.QStandardItem("A2")
section1.appendRow([childnode])
section2 = qtg.QStandardItem("B")
section2.appendRow([qtg.QStandardItem("B1")])
section2.appendRow([qtg.QStandardItem("B2")])
rootNode.appendRow([section1])
rootNode.appendRow([section2])
self.treeview.setHeaderHidden(True)
self.treeview.setModel(model)
self.layout.addWidget(self.treeview)
self.setLayout(self.layout)
if __name__ == '__main__':
app = qtw.QApplication(sys.argv)
w = MainWindow()
w.show()
sys.exit(app.exec_())
my question is, how can I change the style of a specific widget without modifying the style of the other ones?
########### UPDATE:
in my first example, if I don't use the instruction self.treeview.setStyleSheet("border: 1px solid; border-color:red") I realized that the progress bar widget doesn't expand as before. see this screenshot:

what is the issue?

