I'm making an application that needs logging in.
I used node.js as API.
I understand I have to encrypt the password on backend in case the database is stolen. But if for some reason HTTPS failed or some developer on our side had malicious intention he/she could easily steal the raw password if it wasn't encrypted on the frontend as well.
So my question is is there a problem if I use Argon2 on backend and BCrypt on frontend together?
(Also I assumed that Argon2 is faster so if the attacker wants to brute force he has to use the slow one as well on his side instead of my api heavylifting his/hers shannigans)
I know there are some simillar questions, but they ask if i should use one OR the other and the answer is backend and HTTPS.
I WILL use HTTPS and backend encryption. But I ask if it's possible (or a good idea) to use encryption on the frontend as well.