Receiving data from a BLE device to a raspberry Pi3

Viewed 308

I never used a raspberry pi before and I have a project part of which includes receiving data from a BLE blood pressure device over Bluetooth to a raspberry pi 3. I can pair the device to my raspberry but I have no idea what to do next. I need to be able to receive the measurements in my raspberry please help and thank you in advance. PS: the device I'm trying to use is very similar to this one: https://ibb.co/71365k5

Thanks for your answers, I have tried "Gatt" and "Gatttool" but the problem is after pairing the device is meant to send the measurement to its application on an android phone, without it I cannot read the blood measurement characteristic or it just does not exist. this is the gattool list but it's almost identical for the gatt menu

1 Answers

Linux uses BlueZ as a default bluetooth stack. It exposes DBus APIs for implementing software using Bluetooth.

If you don't want to use this API directly, which can sometimes feel a bit low level you have many libraries that wrap it, such as https://github.com/getsenic/gatt-python that also comes with examples.

All other solutions requires replacing the Bluetooth stack on Linux and hence your other existing Bluetooth pairings to the system will stop working.

Related