I am making my own game with pygame for the first time, and I'm using sprites. I'm trying to blit an image onto the screen but it doesn't work. All it shows is a blank white screen. Here is the code:
BLACK = ( 0, 0, 0)
WHITE = (255, 255, 255)
RED = (255, 0, 0)
class SpriteSheet(object):
def __init__(self, file_name):
self.sprite_sheet = pygame.image.load(file_name).convert()
def get_image(self, x, y, width, height):
image = pygame.Surface([width, height]).convert()
image.blit(self.sprite_sheet, (0, 0), (x, y, width, height))
image.set_colorkey(BLACK)
return image
class Bomb(pygame.sprite.Sprite):
change_x =0
change_y = 0
def __init__(self):
image = pygame.Surface([256, 256]).convert()
sprite_sheet = SpriteSheet("Bomb_anim0001.png")
image = sprite_sheet.get_image(0, 0, 256, 256)
pygame.init()
screen_width = 700
screen_height = 400
screen = pygame.display.set_mode([screen_width, screen_height])
pygame.display.set_caption("Game")
clock = pygame.time.Clock()
done = False
while not done:
for event in pygame.event.get():
if event.type == pygame.QUIT:
done = True
screen.fill(WHITE)
bomb = Bomb()
clock.tick(60)
pygame.display.flip()
pygame.quit()
This is the image: Click on this link.
Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks!