I want to use Automator and AppleScript to fill out a form in Safari. I have a functioning script that looks something like this toy example:
on run {}
tell application "System Events" to keystroke "Hello"
tell application "System Events" to keystroke tab
tell application "System Events" to keystroke "World"
end run
I wish to execute it with a keyboard shortcut when I'm at a specific point in my browser. However, when I do this, I run into permission issues:
The action "Run AppleSCript" encountered an error:
"System Events got an error: Automator Workflow Runner
(WorkflowServiceRunner, my_script_name) is not allowed to send keystrokes"
In System Prefrences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Accessibility I have allowed both Automator and AppleScript Utility, and under the Automation tab, I have allowed System Events for Safari.
I can get it to work, at least temporary, if I allow Safari in Accessibility too, but that seems to be too drastic and a security risk to have Safari to always have full control just to run a script from time to time.
How should I approach this? I want the script to be easy to use, and wouldn't want to go into the settings each time to temporary allow Safari. Or can this be automated too? Is there a completely different approach than Automator and AppleScript that would allow me to do this in a more user friendly and safe way? Basically, I want to do something similar to what AutoHotKey would be able to do in Windows.



