I have a situation where we have multiple test environments. Each environment needs to access different versions of a service and we have an NGINX proxy that sits in-front of these different services. Currently we're using multiple servers to do the proxy. Is there a way I can use NGINX allow or deny to filter which backend the environments connect to based on remote IP?
The v1 environment has IP addresses in the 10.0.1.0/24 range, and v2 is only connected to by IP's in 10.0.2.0/24.
Current Config
Simplified for brevity.
server {
listen 80;
server_name service.v1.net;
proxy_pass http://10.0.10.56:8081;
}
server {
listen 80;
server_name service.v2.net;
proxy_pass http://10.0.10.56:8082;
}
What I've tried
Clearly this doesn't work.
server {
listen 80;
server_name service.net;
location / {
# v1 proxy
allow 10.0.1.0/24;
deny all;
proxy_pass http://10.0.10.56:8081;
}
location / {
# v2 proxy
allow 10.0.2.0/24;
deny all;
proxy_pass http://10.0.10.56:8082;
}
}
Also Note...
I know this can be done with serving a proxy on different ports and iptables rules - I'm trying to figure out if NGINX can do this by itself.