I want to perform an operation over a vector without using a loop. The operation is the following:

This is how I am coding in R
meanx <- mean(rankx)
Numerador <- (rankx[] - meanx)*(rankx[+1] - meanx)
This is the input:
> dput(rankx)
c(15, 11, 12, 30, 58, 14, 41, 10, 57, 32, 28, 52, 61, 18, 54,
37, 19, 7, 29, 66, 5, 47, 25, 6, 50, 65, 62, 23, 40, 63, 42,
64, 38, 56, 45, 17, 8, 59, 55, 67, 24, 60, 2, 35, 44, 20, 3,
39, 4, 31, 26, 51, 21, 22, 53, 33, 46, 9, 16, 36, 13, 27, 34,
48, 1, 49, 43)
For example for the first case it will be: (15 - mean(rankx))(11 - mean(rankx)) For the next: (11 - mean(rankx))(12 - mean(rankx))
I am not sure how to refer to the second element and my error is in rankx[+1]
Any idea in how to solve this operation without using a loop?