This is regarding debian control file for ubuntu package.
I need to specify dependency list in "Depends:" / "Pre-Depends" clause with packages as illustrated below
My package is "foo" . it depends on package "bar" . Allowed versions of "bar" are 2.X.Y where X=3 and and Y>=5 (lets call 2 as major, X as Minor version, and Y as sub minor version)
So basically I want to specify that I am okay with minor version 3 and sub minor versions ranging from 5 to 9
To give examples
# my specs should allow below versions
bar-2.3.5,
bar-2.3.6,
... ,
bar-2.3.9
# my specs should disallow below versions
bar 2.2.X,
bar 2.3.4,
bar 2.4.X,
bar 3.X.Y,
so the question is - In my control file is below the right way to specify?
# Control file
Package: foo
Depends: bar (>=2.3.5), bar(<<2.4.0)
Is there a more compact/ appropriate way?
Especially if I make a simplifying requirement change - and say I am ok with minor version .5 and any sub minor versions ( 2.5.X - ) then is there a way to match any among ( 2.5.0, ..., to 2.5.9) with a single == like expression ?
I looked at https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html but that does not provide me enough direction
Thanks for your help