How to export everything useful in my iTerm to another system

Viewed 3208

I am currently using iTerm2 3.4.4 on my macbook pro. I am getting a different macbook and would be installing iterm on that one as well.

I want to export as much as possible from the older machine and import it into the new one. Some things I can think of it profile settings, command history, etc. How can I export these things and import them in the new machine ?

Is there an iTerm folder I can just copy and paste ?

1 Answers

You can export your profile by going to Settings - Profiles, then go to other actions and then Save Profile as JSON. You could copy the whole /Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/iTerm2 folder to your new machine, which probably works as well. The command history depends on the shell that you're using, it has nothing to do with iTerm. Bash History: ~/.bash_history Zsh History: ~/.zsh_history Fish History: ~/.local/share/fish/fish_history The shell configurations depend on your shell as well.

Related