I need to write a function that inserts a new node in a singly linked list, between every two existing nodes, with a value that is equal to the difference of the values of those two nodes.
For example if we have list 1→2→5→7 the result should be 1→1→2→3→5→2→7, because 2-1=1, 5-2=3 and 7-5=2.
Here is my attempt:
struct Node{
int v;
struct Node* next;
};
void insert(struct Node** headPtr){
struct Node* curr = *headPtr;
struct Node* new = malloc(sizeof(struct Node));
while(curr->next!=NULL){
new->v=curr->next->v-curr->v;
new->next=curr->next;
curr->next=new;
curr=curr->next;
}
}
void addRear(struct Node** headPtr, int v_new){
struct Node* new = malloc(sizeof(struct Node));
new->v=v_new;
new->next=NULL;
if(*headPtr==NULL){
*headPtr=new;
}else{
struct Node* curr = *headPtr;
while(curr->next!=NULL){
curr=curr->next;
}
curr->next=new;
}
}
void print(struct Node* head){
struct Node* curr = head;
while(curr!=NULL){
printf("%d ",curr->v);
curr = curr->next;
}
}
But when I run the following in main, I don't get any result. Here is my main code:
struct Node* head=NULL;
addRear(&head,1);
addRear(&head,2);
addRear(&head,5);
addRear(&head,7);
print(head);
printf("\n");
insert(&head);
print(head);