I want to update multiple or single row in database in one query where multiple ids or single id post from the form. I couldn't find it works in update batch. I don't know how to do it. I have already searched on google on how to make it but I have no luck. Your answer is very much appreciated.
Html and AJAX
<form class="form-horizontal" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="POST">
<div class="form-group">
<label class="col-sm-3 control-label" for="name"><?php echo $this->lang->line('Select Lead Contacts'); ?>
</label>
<div class="col-sm-9 col-md-6 col-lg-6">
<select id="chkveg" name="mySelect[]" class="form-control" multiple="multiple">
<?php foreach($list_of_leads_contact as $lc) {
?>
<option value="<?php echo $lc->id ?>"><?php echo $lc->first_name ?> <?php echo $lc->last_name ?></option>
<?php } ?>
</select>
</div>
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label class="col-sm-3 control-label" ><?php echo $this->lang->line('Contact Group'); ?> *
</label>
<div class="col-sm-9 col-md-6 col-lg-6">
<?php if(isset($group_checkbox)) echo $group_checkbox; ?>
<span class="red">
<?php
if($this->session->userdata('group_type_error')==1){
echo '<b>'.$this->lang->line('Contact Group').'</b>'.str_replace("%s","", $this->lang->line("required"));
$this->session->unset_userdata('group_type_error');
}
?>
</span>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<button name="submit" id="submitButton" type="button" class="btn btn-primary btn-lg"><i class="fa fa-save"></i> <?php echo $this->lang->line('Save');?></button>
</form>
<script type="text/javascript">
$j(function() {
$( ".datepicker" ).datepicker();
});
$(function() {
$('#submitButton').click(function() {
var dataString = $('.form-horizontal').serialize();
$.ajax({
type: 'POST',
url: base_url +'lead/insert_leads_in_groups', // your php url would go here
data: dataString,
}).done(function(msg) {
});
});
});
</script>
Controller Code
public function insert_leads_in_groups()
{
$user_id = $this->input->post('mySelect');
$contact_group_id = $this->input->post('contact_type_id');
foreach($user_id as $row ) {
$data = array(
array(
'contact_group_id' => $contact_group_id,
),
);
$this->db->update_batch('leads', $data, 'id');
}
}
Error
A Database Error Occurred
One or more rows submitted for batch updating is missing the
specified index.