Change represented Days and Months in DatePicker

Viewed 125

I need to add Jalali Calendar to my JavaFX application. I have already extended Chronology class and have added JalaliChronology to my application. When I use the following block of code, it correctly detects what day of what month of what year we're at.

DatePicker datePicker = new DatePicker();

Locale.setDefault(new Locale("fa"));
datePicker.setChronology(JalaliChronology.INSTANCE);

But, I need to use the actual name of months and days used in Jalali Calendar. Right now I see January as the first month of each year while I want to replace it with فروردین.

the following picture that I borrowed from internet tells me that it should be doable but I couldn't yet figure out how.

enter image description here

Also, I know that I can modify the display text of each cell inside my calendar using following block

final Callback<DatePicker, DateCell> dayCells = new Callback<DatePicker, DateCell>()
{
    public DateCell call(final DatePicker datePicker)
    {
        return new DateCell()
        {
            @Override
            public void updateItem(LocalDate item, boolean empty)
            {
                ...
            }
        };
    }
};

Is there any way by which I can also change the display text for January, February, ..., Sat, Sun, ... and Fri in my Jalali Calendar?

EDIT: here is a screenshot of what I already have. After setting the Locale it uses Farsi but, what I see is simply how January is spelled in Farsi (which is ژانویه). It doesn't use the actual name of the month in Jalali Calendar which is فروردین

enter image description here

0 Answers
Related