I am using CSS media queries to create a responsive layout.
In my current HTML layout I use flexbox to align rows of divs:
<div id="page">
<div id="div-1">DIV 1</div>
<div id="div-2">DIV 2</div>
<div id="div-3">DIV 3</div>
<div id="div-4">DIV 4</div>
</div>
and CSS:
#page {
display: flex;
flex-direction: column;
align-items: center;
}
[id^="div-"] {
border: 1px solid #ccc;
margin-bottom: 10px;
width: 50vw;
}
#div-1 {
height: 50px;
}
#div-2 {
height: 70px;
}
#div-3 {
height: 150px;
}
#div-4 {
height: 100px;
}
Here is Jsfiddle for you to tinker with.
It is what I am after for a smaller viewports, but would like to switch things around on the next media query break point to have 2 middle divs to shift to a separate column on the right like this:
How do I achieve that? It is pretty obvious for me how to shift last few div rows to another column, but not sure how to tackle the middle rows...
Is there a way to do it by using flexbox or grid?
