Install PyQt for Python3.9 on a computer without internet connection

Viewed 2019

I'm trying to install PyQt on a windows computer without internet connection. The computer seems to have a very recent version of Python (Python 3.9.2) so the older.exe files available online don't seem to be compatible.

I downloaded the whl file (PyQt5-5.15.4-cp36.cp37.cp38.cp39-none-win32.whl) but I'm not entirely sure where to put it despites trying to print(sys.path) as recommended here.

Update: I managed to unzip the whl file and tried placing it in several locations, amongst them the site-packages folder but it still doesn't seem to be working.

Any idea how to get this working?

1 Answers

Based on @Dariusz's comment I downloaded PyQt5 on a friends computer using the cmd command

pip install pyqt5

and then checked which files were recently installed by checking the Date Modified and then copied those files as a .zip into the site-packages directory on the offline computer and unzipped it there.

Got it working by doing that.

Related