The project I am working on involves two hardware video encoders and decoders communicating through a device called Mikrohard.
The problem is that there is a lot of devices in this configuration each one of which has its own web-host hosting a simple web page where you can edit the configurations of the device.
the official way to access the configurations is very tedious on field as it requires the user to connect each device by Ethernet to his laptop which takes a considerable amount of time.
The proposed solution was to place a router and connect all devices to it, then connecting a raspberry pi that is hosting a configuration web-page.
The web-page will include buttons that when pressed will send the packet to each one of the devices on the network .
then users can simply connect to the raspberry pi that is acting as an access point and access the web-page.
I tried using CORS to allow raspberry-pi page to embed all devices pages into itself but I soon realized I can’t unless other devices allow cross origin access.
so I am thinking about reverse engineering what packets are sent to each device on its own web-page then try crafting that packet .
though this looks very tedious and will take a long time.
I would like to know whats your opinions or if you have a better idea