I'm using gnuplot 5.2 and would like to get the rgb values associated with the default line colors. Using the command test I get a nice summary of available options and parameters but the default colors are just labelled by 1, 2, 3, .... and the rgb values are not shown. The command show colors is useful too, but that only shows the names of the colors and the rgb values, but not the labels 1, 2, 3, ... so I don't know which is which.
My goal is to use the default line colors and plot lines with transparency. From other questions here I learned that this is possible with version 5.2 by the color specificifaction lc rgb #aarrggbb but for this I need to know the rgb values.
And there doesn't seem to be a straightforward text configuration file for gnuplot containing the default line colors (I'm on fedora), rpm -ql gnuplot does not show any such config file, so I'm kinda lost.
