I have a dataframe where the first column is a date/time series and the other 9 columns are sites with associated water temperature. I want to calculate the monthly summary stats for each column. The summary stats I want are, monthly mean with the +/- sd temp, monthly proportion of time > 20C & 23C, monthly maximum temperature. Here is a sample df of my data
# Create a, b, c, d variables
a <- c("06-25-20 08:00:00 AM","06-25-20 08:15:00 AM",
"06-25-20 08:30:00 AM","06-25-20 08:45:00 AM",
"07-25-20 08:45:00 AM", "07-25-20 08:45:00 AM",
"08-25-20 08:45:00 AM", "08-25-20 08:45:00 AM",
"09-25-20 08:45:00 AM","09-25-20 08:45:00 AM")
b <- c(4,5,8, "N/A", 4,5,"N/A",7,7,6)
c <- c(6,10,8, "N/A", 8,5,"N/A",8,7,2)
# Join the variables to create a data frame
df <- data.frame(a,b,c)
df$a = as.POSIXlt(df$a, format="%m-%d-%y%H:%M:%S", tz = 'EST')
I started just trying to get the monthly mean which works, but for the life of me I cannot get the table to also include Standard deviation, and all the other summary stats without making a bunch of extra code. Here is code I used for mean
Monthly_2020Temp = df %>%
group_by(a = format(as.Date(a), '%b-%Y')) %>%
summarise_each(funs( if(length(na.omit(.))>=15)
mean(., na.rm=TRUE) else NA_real_),
b:c)
Here is the code I tried to use when adding standard deviation
Monthly_2020Temp = df %>%
group_by(a = format(as.Date(a), '%b-%Y')) %>%
summarise_each(funs( if(length(na.omit(.))>=15)
mean(., na.rm=TRUE) else NA_real_), sd(., na.rm=TRUE) else NA_real_),
b:c)
but I get an error
Error: unexpected 'else' in:
" summarise_each(funs( if(length(na.omit(.))>=15)
mean(., na.rm=TRUE) else NA_real_), sd(., na.rm=TRUE) else"
> b:c)
Error: unexpected ')' in " b:c)"
Can someone help me make a nice table of summary stats for my time series data?