I'm attempting to add some necessary latext style files to the pandoc/latex docker container (which itself is built over Alpine) and the underlying latex to pdf conversion does is unable to find some of the style files I've added. Here's my Dockerfile, which adds the packages I need.
FROM pandoc/latex:latest
RUN apk --no-cache add texlive-xetex texmf-dist-pictures texmf-dist-latexextra poppler-utils && texhash
I can see that the style file I need is installed.
$ docker run --rm -it --entrypoint /bin/sh -v $PWD:/data mypandoc:latest
/data # find / -name tikzpagenodes.sty
/usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/tikzpagenodes/tikzpagenodes.sty
But, when I try to do the actual build, I get the following error.
Error producing PDF.
! LaTeX Error: File `tikzpagenodes.sty' not found.
Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)
Enter file name:
! Emergency stop.
<read *>
l.103 \usepackage
I had hoped that the call to texhash in the container build would fix this, but it did not. Is there some trick to getting the texmf-dist directories into the search path? The problem appears to be with all of the styles I've added from texmf-dist, not just this one. Thanks.