I ran into a weird problem when I was experimenting with layouts, however when I wanted to change a particular row to occupy two rows, the whole layout gets shrunk down.
SCSS:
.parent {
display: grid;
grid-template-columns: repeat(10, 1fr);
grid-template-rows: repeat(14, 1fr);
grid-column-gap: 20px;
grid-row-gap: 20px;
background-color: black;
.div1 {
grid-area: 1 / 2 / 7 / 3;
}
.div2 {
grid-area: 1 / 3 / 7 / 4;
}
.div3 {
grid-area: 1 / 4 / 7 / 5;
}
.div4 {
grid-area: 1 / 5 / 7 / 6;
}
.div5 {
grid-area: 1 / 6 / 7 / 7;
}
.div6 {
grid-area: 1 / 7 / 7 / 8;
}
.div7 {
grid-area: 1 / 8 / 7 / 9;
}
.div8 {
grid-area: 1 / 9 / 7 / 10;
}
.div9 {
grid-area: 7 / 2 / 7 / 10;
}
.div10 {
grid-area: 9 / 2 / 11 / 10;
}
.div11 {
grid-area: 11 / 2 / 13 / 10;
}
.div14 {
grid-area: 13 / 2 / 15 / 10;
}
.div12 {
grid-area: 1 / 1 / 15 / 2;
}
.div13 {
grid-area: 1 / 10 / 15 / 11;
}
}
div {
background-color: aquamarine;
}
The culprit in this case is the div called Row 9.
Currently it's grid area is 7/2/7/10
It gets shrunk down, almost like it's resetting when I change it to 7/2/9/10
Is there something I'm missing here or was there a setting I may have missed?
Thanks in advance!