Python has 2 paths in Windows 10

Viewed 680

I have uninstalled a couple of installations of Python from my Windows 10 machine, but when I try to run pip from the command prompt now, using the only python install that is specified in PATH in the System Environment Variables, it gives me this error:

Fatal error in launcher: Unable to create process using '"c:\programs files\python37\python.exe" "<other correct path that exists and is in the PATH variable>pip.exe"

This is happening regardless of whether I specify a package to install or not. I think there is some confusion over this old python37 install which no longer exists. Where can I find and remove any reference to this path which does not exist on disk?

Thank you,

Adnan

1 Answers

Try removing Python from your computer, then removing variables from PATH manually via System Properties > Advanced > Environment Variables (this link can help how to find it). Also, remember that

(...) there are two sections, User Variables for Current User, and System Variables.

Delete Python references from both sections, then reinstall the version of Python that you need, with Add Python 3.x to PATH option checked.

Related