I tried to find an appropriate solution for mentioned problem but couldn't find a way out so far, hence posting here to get some correct and precise solution to the problem.
I have included app build.gradle in code versioning being that there are often changes in build.gradle (at plugins dependency levels) I need this file to be tracked in versions - cutting long story short. Now, being every team member having different location for a following specified dependency - I tried to load this from my customLocalPaths.properties but loading variables from .properties file doesn't seem to work here. The url property listed below only seems to accept plain string.
buildscript{
repositories{
google()
jcenter()
maven{
url 'D:\\android_workspace_dependencies\\My_XYZ_dependency\\lib' // <-- need to make this path dynamic
}
}
}
Any idea how can I make the url path dynamic (like load it from a variable) instead of having it static string. I use to get unable to resolve path kind of error.
Note: The
.propertiesfile works fine. I am using other variables from same.propertiesfile in my appbuild.gradlewithout any issues. I also tried to load partial path i.e. single directory name but in vain.