pycharm does not show docstring math correctly?

Viewed 745

As the title says, whenever I view docstrings in pycharm I'm not seeing the math correctly even in reading mode, which I would assume should show me the math rather than the 'code' generating the math.

enter image description here

Can anyone tell me how I can fix this, since it is getting pretty annoying trying to read docstrings for complicated math functions like this.

This is what happens when I convert the .py file to .md

enter image description here

The file can be read, but the math is still not interpreted. Do I need some special latex plugin for this?

When I convert it to .rst I get the following:

enter image description here

So clearly that format doesn't work at all in pycharm.

Edit2: I have added a Class with a docstring containing math in it as well, as requested.

class FullyConnectedTensorProduct(TensorProduct):
    r"""Fully-connected weighted tensor product

    All the possible path allowed by :math:`|l_1 - l_2| \leq l_{out} \leq l_1 + l_2` are made.
    The output is a sum on different paths:

    .. math::

        z_w = \sum_{u,v} w_{uvw} x_u \otimes y_v + \cdots \text{other paths}

    where :math:`u,v,w` are the indices of the multiplicities.

    Parameters
    ----------
    irreps_in1 : `Irreps`
        representation of the first input

    irreps_in2 : `Irreps`
        representation of the second input

    irreps_out : `Irreps`
        representation of the output

    normalization : {'component', 'norm'}
        see `TensorProduct`

    internal_weights : bool
        see `TensorProduct`

    shared_weights : bool
        see `TensorProduct`
    """
0 Answers
Related