How to render markdown language in html blocks?

Viewed 939

Background: In markdown files, I want to generate some more complex elements, such as this question I posted yesterday. So I am tried to do that by using original html/css.

Problem: But then I notice the markdown language won't be rendered in the html blocks.

My environment setting is:

  • Editor: Atom
  • Markdown Preview/Export: Markdown Preview Enhanced
  • Math render: Katex

Then, I will show examples of markdown language not applied for html.

Math

Input:

<h4>$(\Omega, \mathcal{F}, \mathbb{P})$</h4>

$(\Omega, \mathcal{F}, \mathbb{P})$

The result is:

You can see that the same equation in under the html block is not rendered.

Reference

Input:

<div>
> ABCDEFC
> ABCDEFC
> > ABCDEFC
> ABCDEFC
</div>

> ABCDEFC
> ABCDEFC
> > ABCDEFC
> ABCDEFC

The result is:

Still, the markdown is not rendered.

Question

So, how to render this math equation in html block in Markdown?

2 Answers

Have you tried MathML? That might work better for your use.

This problem is actually very simple, this answer is written for anyone may have similar problem.

Normally HTML blocks end with a blank line. So the solution for this problem is to add a blank line between HTML and Markdown.

For instance, in the first example, instead of have

<h4>$(\Omega, \mathcal{F}, \mathbb{P})$</h4>

write

<h4>

$(\Omega, \mathcal{F}, \mathbb{P})$

</h4>

and everything will go right.

Similarly, instead of writing

<div>
> ABCDEFC
> ABCDEFC
> > ABCDEFC
> ABCDEFC
</div>

we should write

<div>

> ABCDEFC
> ABCDEFC
> > ABCDEFC
> ABCDEFC

</div>

I have been overthinking. Hope this solution can help people with similar problem.

Related