Chrome Devtools Remote IOS Debugging Network Domain Not Found

Viewed 269

I am trying to setup remote debugging between a Win 7 laptop running chrome and an Apple iPhone running Safari. I am using chrome-devtools to establish the connection. I am using an ios-webkit-debug-server on the laptop and a python3 local http.server on the iPhone. I can get the laptop to connect and identify the iphone as a remote device. I copy and paste the link to devtools://devtools/bundled/inspector.html?ws=localhost:9222/devtools/page/1. I get the following messages. I have tried disablining the firewall but no change. It appears that devtools cannot setup the network logging because it cannot find the network domain.Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone

  • IOS V12.5.1
  • Turned Web Inspector On
  • Start Server with Python3 -m http.server
  • In Safari (V12.5.1) I navigate to http://localhost:8000/test.html

Laptop

  • OS is Win 7
  • I start Powershell 7.1.3 running as administrator (WMF 5.1)
  • I start "ios-webkit-debug-server -f chrome-devtools://devtools/bundled/inspector.html"
  • I get Listing devices on :9221
  • I get Connected :9222 to jim's iPhone (??????...)
  • On Chrome I navigate to localhost:9221
  • I get "iOS Devices: 1. localhost:9222 - jim’s iPhone"
  • I click localhost:9222
  • I get "Inspectable pages for jim’s iPhone: 1. http://localhost:8000/test.html
  • I copy and paste "devtools://devtools/bundled/inspector.html?ws=localhost:9222/devtools/page/1"
  • I get following messages (Truncated error messages different commands network domain not found)

-07:27:59:432 Main._createAppUI: 39.85693359375 ms

-07:27:59.472 main.js:1 Main._showAppUI: 44.3681640625 ms

-07:27:59.616 main.js:1 Main._initializeTarget: 34.602783203125 ms

-07:27:59.718 main.js:1 Main._lateInitialization: 0.56689453125 ms

-07:28:00.424 protocol_client.js:1 Request Network.enable failed. {"code":-32601, "message":" 'Network' domain was not found","data":[{"code":-32601,"message":"'Network'domain was not found"}]}

0 Answers
Related